Assistant Manager, Spectrum and Numbering
Digital Connectivity Group
Responsible to assist in coordinating and updating the use of radiofrequency spectrum in accordance with ITU’s Radio Regulations, relevant agreement with other countries as well as any international or regional development, for Brunei Darussalam. Assist to revise and implement the Telecommunication (Radio-communications) Regulation. To coordinate and work with other agencies on national, regional and international level with regards to the spectrum allocations for Brunei Darussalam.
Assist to plan for numbering allocation in Brunei Darussalam, develop guidelines on the numbering assignment, advise and make recommendations on the numbering plan to the management. Responsible to process number applications based on National Numbering Plan of Brunei Darussalam.
- To assist in developing and reviewing documentation for radio frequency spectrum including regulations, guidelines in accordance with Telecommunication (Radio-communications) Regulation.
- To re epresent Brunei Darussalam in any international meetings, seminars, and conferences that relate to radiofrequency spectrum issues.
- To assist to coordinate with other agencies on national, regional and international level with regards to the spectrum and numbering allocation for Brunei Darussalam i.e. International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Asia-Pacific Telecommunity (APT) and Frequency Assignment Committee, Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei Darussalam (FACSMAB).
- To prepare and develop national radiofrequency spectrum allocation in accordance with the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and relevant agreement between Brunei Darussalam and other countries.
- To assist in developing and reviewing documentation for numbering allocation including regulations, guidelines, national numbering plan etc.
- To process numbering applications and ensure infrastructure and service providers’ compliance with National Numbering Plan of Brunei Darussalam.
- To perform data analytics, identify issues on current numbering allocation, forecast numbering usage, and make recommendation to the Management.
- HND, Advanced Diploma or equivalent to Brunei Darussalam Qualification Framework (BDQF) Level 5 in Telecommunications and Systems Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or any other related field deemed fit by AITI.
- Familiar with a wide range of Telecommunications, Radio communications systems and its recent development.
- Excellent research, analytical and communication skills.
- Good team player with internal and external parties.
- Good knowledge and proficiency in MS Office, analytical and graphic software.