TechKids Camp is an annual competition organised by the Authority for Info-communications Technology Industry of Brunei Darussalam (AITI) and supported by the Ministry of Education. This competition is targeted at participants from the primary school level from Year 3 to Year 5, and is conducted every school holiday in March since 2012.
The TechKids Camp aims to generate passion in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) at an early age, as well as to provide a platform for innovation by allowing the young generation to experience ICT in a practical and fun way. This plays an important role in educating the children with valuable and relevant ICT skills, such as programming/coding, in order to equip them for Industrial Revolution (IR) 4.0 and the Smart Nation of the future.
- To provide opportunity for early exposure and education to programming such as mobile application development, analytics and other related computational thinking skills using easy to understand tools such as Scratch and App Inventor.
- To enhance the young generation's programming competencies that meet international standards.
- To encourage teamwork spirit, creative and logical thinking, problem solving, leadership quality and communication skills among students.
- To generate interests and passion in ICT and allow the students to experience ICT in a tangible and fun way which will equip them for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (IR4.0).
- To provide the platform for participants to showcase their projects and be eligible to participate in future ICT related competitions locally and internationally such as ASEAN Cyberkids Camp.
You may click
here to download the TechKids Camp 2021 guidelines.
You may click here to download the TechKids Camp 2021 consent letter.
You may click here to download the TechKids Camp 2021 Timetable.