The Authority for Info-communications Technology Industry of Brunei Darussalam (AITI) announced the opening of an essay writing and poster competition in conjunction with the "Girls in ICT Day" celebration today. "Girls in ICT Day" is an initiative backed by International Telecommunication Union (ITU) to create a global environment that empowers and encourages girls and young women to consider careers in the growing field of ICT. It is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of April annually and this year, the "Girls in ICT Day" is observed on 22nd April 2021.
The objective of the competition:
- Encourage innovative ideas and design thinking amongst the girls and young women on shaping a better digital future for Brunei.
- Generate more interests of the female students towards ICT
- Envisioning Brunei as a Smart Nation
- Primary Schools (Year 4 to 6): 150 – 250 words
- Secondary Schools (Year 7 to 9): 300 – 500 words
The closing date for submission of the entries is 30 June 2021. All entries will be shortlisted where winners will be announced at a prize presentation ceremony to be held in July 2021.
AITI also invites the general public to share any other initiatives or activities to commemorate the "Girls in ICT Day" or those who are promoting ICT-related activities towards improving the girls' and women's involvement in this field by posting on social media with the global hash-tag #girlsinICT or emailing it to Umi Kalshum Suhaimi at email@example.com.
You may click here to download the Girls in ICT 2021 Terms & Conditions and Guidelines.
You may click here to download the Girls in ICT 2021 Entry Form.